Mom got the paper and frame for the guest book collage.
Ans she put together the decorations for the pews in the church.
Also found glasses for the salad dressing we’ll have with dinner.
And Jessica located a really good place in London where she can pick up some pashminas for the bridesmaids to wear in church.
Jessica had a wedding theme brainstorm with her friend Lucienne to determine some ways to bring a cohesive feel to our event.
They used the blog as a jumping off point and put together some really great suggestions.
Only the images are here but I can assure you that the contents of the four-page-long email will be represented in some way or another in the near future.
The one below is my favorite!
Posted in Reception
Here are some of the things I got done this week (before work, afterward and during lunch):
– Put together a timeline for the day of the wedding. (Okay, I didn’t do that. Jessica did. But I made sure we had enough fresh juice, coffee and a good lunch to get us through it all.)
– Scheduled the organist to play at our wedding. Next steps are to send him a list of songs.
– Picked up a fabric swatch from Josandra and discussed next steps for the dresses.
– Got an updated quote from the rental company based on recent revisions we made this week.
– Contacted Columbia Bar School for a much better priced bartender. (We may still need to do servers through BookYourStaff but that’s okay.)
– Scheduled a hair trial with Meagan for my bridal hairstyle.
– Met up with Jim after work to borrow Katie’s Name-Changing guidebook. (I’ve got to deal with this at some point. Might as well have some options.)
– Organized and documented all of the gifts from the bridal shower (Sunday) when everything was fresh in my mind so that I can write proper Thank You cards.
– Brainstormed the decorations for the reception with Jessica.
– Updated Google Docs with more PDFs from vendors and revised spreadsheets.
– Printed out maps of the Green Building so that we can do the layout.
– Went to dinner with Jessica and Lulu, which was somewhat wedding related because on the way home Gavin and I both came to a consensus that sangria should probably be our “signature drink.” (This may or may not have had something to do with the two glasses of sangria we each had at dinner.)
– Picked out some readings for the ceremony (which we actually did awhile back but I just realized that I forgot to document it.)
– Started a Dropbox collection of photos from the bridal shower.
– FINALLY got to try on my wedding shoes (ankle cast = no more!) Based on the bridesmaid dress fabric swatch, these now look too orange but the good news is I found that same (previously unavailable) pair in ivory!
– Emailed back and forth with Karin to finalize flower girl and ring bearer(s)’ outfits.
– Organized and prepared Gavin’s tax documents