Now that Gavin and I have secured a church, I figured it was about time to kickoff the brainstorm for some ceremony music. So far, I know that we will have access to a Russian organist.
According to some light research on the internet (and, depending on whether or not we’ll have a mass or ceremony), it seems there are a few slots open for music:
– Prelude Song
– Processional (Bridesmaids)
– Processional (Bride)
– Recessional (Bride & Groom)
* If its an actual mass, we’d need a few more songs: Responsorial Psalm, Offertory Song, Communion Song and Communion Meditation.
Here are some of the current contenders to cover the basics:
Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel (We would need a violinist, I think.)
Allegro from Mozart’s from Le Nozzi di Figaro
Prince of Denmark’s March by J. Clarke (We’d need a trumpet player.)
Mendelssohn’s Wedding March (For the recessional. Gavin likes this one a lot.)
There is a massive list for music on The Knot which I’d like to go through at some point. In the meantime, I’m very open to suggestions.
Things were so busy this week that I didn’t have time to be my usual bossy bride-to-be (to Gavin’s relief, I’m sure.) So, ironically – and completely unprompted – Gavin took it upon himself to take a closer look into the music at our reception. He contacted a few people so far and got back great responses:
– DJ Kalkutta, whom Gavin shot awhile back. She is a super nice person.
Photo by Gavin Thomas
– Homeboy Sandman (psst, Gavin took the photo on the homepage of the main website.) Really down to earth and intelligent guy. He left Gavin a voicemail that same day. :)
– Then, there’s a blast-from-the past, DJ Dean (from NH.) We met him awhile back and both really liked his personality and demeanor. He really knows how to get everyone out on the dance floor- and stay there.
– Last, but certainly not least, Gavin also spoke to Max Schneider. Not only is he a model but an extremely talented singer and musician (piano and ukelele), who will also be on the upcoming Nickelodeon show How to Rock.
Super excited to see who we end up with for music.
Posted in Music
1. He got me in to see Theophilus London/ Friendly Fires. I loooooooooooove Friendly Fires- especially live. (A close look at the left-hand corner of the photo below will reveal a very attractive-looking photographer who just happens to be my fiancé.)
2. He made me lunch (with LONDON CANDY from Jessica!)
3. He got a hold of a beautiful graffiti flower (signed by artist, Michael De Feo) last Christmas, which I finally got framed and picked up from Michael’s. It is so beautiful.
A bit of a challenge getting it home but it all worked out in the end.
Posted in Music
Tagged Gavin, Jessica